Boulevard frontrunner Onbeperkt Feest
A normal daily life is not natural for about two million people with a disability. A visit to a festival is often experienced as difficult. That is why HandicapNL and Green Events started Onbeperkt Feest, a new movement in the event sector to broaden the accessibility of events. Onbeperkt Feest focusses on sharing knowledge, creating awareness, collaboration, and support.
They form a group of 15 leading festival organisations, frontrunners, with whom they work towards (new) measures and solutions in terms of accessibility. These measures and solutions are shared as inspiration for other events. Theaterfestival Boulevard is one of the frontrunners. We work together towards an inclusive sector, prevent exclusion, and reduce prejudices.
Other frontrunners are Amsterdam Open Air, Amsterdam Roots, Awakenings, Bevrijdingspop, Grachtenfestival, Milkshake, Oerol, Opwekking, Paaspop, Straf_Werk, and Wonderfeel.
Theaterfestival Boulevard’s promise
- We keep working at the physical accessibility of our festival on locations as well as at performances. We collaborate with experience experts and theatre and dance makers.
- We built are website according to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) with clear information about the accessibility of our programming and locations.
- Similar to previous editions, we present programming with Dutch sign language interpreters and written interpreters. We host the Gebarencafé.
- We support a few performances with audio description and an introduction with meet and feel for our visitors with a visual impairment.
- Besides a number of relaxed performances, we have programming for people with sensitivity to stimuli accompanied with a stimuli free welcome.
- We organise programming for people with a cognitive or mental impairment.
- When possible, we connect our experience experts to theatre and dance makers who want to work on accessibility of their performance(s).
- With the visibility of (facilities for) people with a disability, we want to contribute to the awareness of our audience.
- We approach accessibility intersectional and work on social, economical, and cultural accessibility.
- Welcome as you are: we create a safe space in which our visitors feel at home and safe.